Category: vladimir putin
- President Donald Trump’s “very distinguished voter fraud panel” is set to meet in Washington for the first time next week, and the rhetoric surrounding its mission is getting hotter than, well, Washington in July.
- A monumental request from Trump’s Commission on Election Integrity for data on every registered voter in the 50 states is generating mounting blowback, including from many of the public officials who were asked to hand it over.
- Among them: Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes, who told Mic in a phone interview this week, “It sounds like the commission which has gotten off on the completely wrong foot in requesting the wrong information when it comes to elections is in damage control.” Read more. (7/13/17, 7:20 PM)
- When Donald Trump had to leave his seat during a G20 Summit meeting entitled, “Partnership With Africa, Migration and Health,” his daughter Ivanka Trump sat in his stead, nestled between British Prime Minister Theresa May and Chinese President Xi Jinping, the Washington Post reported.
- A tweet from a Russian staff member showed Ivanka sitting between May and Jinping, with Russian President Vladimir Putin and German Chancellor Angela Merkel flanking the three, replacing her father who left for bilateral meetings.
- Ivanka Trump, who serves as an adviser to her father, Donald Trump, has recently said that she tries “to stay out of politics.”
- Her presence at the table was somewhat unusual, the Post noted, given that high-level government officials would usually replace the president and hobnob with world leaders. Read more. (7/8/17, 9:42 AM)