Democrats, and people who value people, won yesterday. I’m a pretty happy person this morning.
But Republicans are scared now at the beginning of the 2018 campaign season. Attacks on Democrats are going to get even more intense.
Stand firm and strong in the year to come. Be even more vocal with what you want. Republicans are going to be looking for ways to scare and pick up voters. Don’t be drawn in by lies and scare tactics. Let them know how you want an elected official to act. How you want them to vote.
And remember to get to that ballot box next year! Whoever runs the House gets to redraw district lines after the Census. Whoever runs the House can serve as an actual check in the balance of powers.
My Facebook feed is full of grief today. Full of people calling for thoughts and prayers.
It makes me want to scream.
Prayers are worthless if we sit and do nothing. We can’t say be safe, be healthy, be happy and do NOTHING to help.
14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
Don’t tell me it can’t be stopped. Americans are 20 times more likely to die of gun violence than people in other developed countries. They’ve figured it out. We can’t.
We’re allowing our citizens to be slaughtered.
- Expect Republicans to take heat from all sides this month. With Congress facing a tough legislative agenda on a tight timeline in September, members of Congress will spend August at home — close to voters.
- Democrats blasted the results of Republicans’ first 200 days — amping up pressure on the GOP to deliver something big this fall.
- Progressive groups have promised to keep up the pressure on Republicans to not repeal the Affordable Care Act. They’re also planning protests around tax reform.
- So far, only 13 Republicans in the House have announced August town halls, as tracked by Town Hall Project. Only two GOP senators have town halls scheduled.
- Of the 177 members of Congress who have not held a town hall since January, 150 are Republicans, according to the group. Read more (8/7/17)