Not to mention, Comey would have had to made up those memos he wrote months in advance, as he met with Trump, in case he was fired.
Also, one of these men has credibility and one is proven a liar on a weekly basis.
1. No one told Comey to end the Russia probe. The former FBI director said President Donald Trump and other officials never asked Comey to end the investigation into possible Russian hacking during the presidential election. Comey also confirmed Trump was not personally under investigation.
2. Comey said Trump pressured him to not investigate national security adviser Michael Flynn. As Trump asked other top officials to leave him alone with Comey, the former FBI director told the committee he was thinking, “I knew something was about to happen I needed to pay very close attention too. … Why would you kick everybody out of the Oval Office?”
3. He refused to say whether he believed Trump obstructed justice. Comey took Trump’s “let it go” comment about the Flynn investigation “as a direction.” Comey highlighted that Trump’s comment came the day after Flynn was fired. He also revealed, for the first time, that Flynn was under criminal investigation.
4. Comey tried to force the creation of a special counsel. He told the committee that he directed a Columbia Law School professor to leak the contents of his memos to a journalist to raise the chances a special counsel would be appointed. Mic confirmed this account.
5. The testimony was personal. Because of “the person” he was speaking with, Comey said he felt compelled to take notes after any conversation with Trump. He had not done that with two previous presidents. “I was honestly concerned he might lie about the nature of the meeting,” Comey told the committee. “I was so stunned by the conversation that I just took it in.”
6. Trump never asked about or tried to intervene in other FBI investigations. While stating the FBI runs thousands of inquiries simultaneously, Comey said the Flynn investigation was the only one Trump took a particular interest in. The statement was revealing because it demonstrated the president was focused solely on the Flynn inquiry. Read more (6/8/17 2 PM)