Malala is spending her 20th birthday fighting for girls’…
- It’s been a big week for Malala Yousafzai.
- On Friday, the women’s rights advocate announced from her newly launched Twitter account that she’d graduated high school.
- “Graduating from secondary school … is bittersweet for me,” she wrote. “I’m excited about my future, but I know that millions of girls around the world are out of school and may never get the opportunity to complete their education.”
- Yousafzai, not one to waste any opportunity, is already at work trying to help other girls have the same chance.
- On Tuesday, she celebrated her 20th birthday a day early in Iraq by way of her “Girl Power Trip,” an initiative that involves Yousafzai traveling around the world to talk to girls who have struggled trying to access education. Read more (7/12/17)